good family dogs
Best Family Dogs
What Makes a Good Family Dog?
Most dog owners consider their dog as a part of their own family. Adopting a dog into your home is a decision that should not be taken without careful consideration.
Before choosing a dog that best suits your family, you should ensure that they will be well suited to your family both in their personality, and care requirements.
An ideal family dog should act calmly towards any young children in your home. On top of this, you should consider choosing a dog breed that is trainable, loving, and intelligent.
If you have a family member with mild to moderate pet allergies, it is essential that you choose a hypoallergenic breed. Most Cavoodles and Moodles are non-shedding. Hypoallergenic breeds also come with the added benefit of being lower maintenance due to their non shedding coat - which means less cleaning up after them!
Three Key Factors to Consider When Choosing Your Family Dog
- Temperament - Cavoodles and Moodles are well known for their calm and loving temperament, making them perfect for families with children.
- Size - They will grow to be small to medium sized dogs at adulthood, meaning that they are well suited for family homes.
- Coat - They will be low to non shedding due to their poodle heritage, making them ideal indoor dogs who will not leave hair around your home.
Top 5 Best Family Dog Breeds
- Cavalier King Charles
More About Cavoodles & Moodles
- They are highly loving, loyal, and intelligent dogs who have no trouble integrating into almost any lifestyle, making them great family dogs.
- Their calm temperament makes them good family dogs who are great companions to families with young children or elderly family members.
- They are low maintenance due to their low to non shedding hypoallergenic coats, and typically live for around 10-14 years.
- We wholeheartedly believe these specific Poodle cross breeds are the ideal balance of intelligence and loving natures, making them the perfect family pet.